For The TJX Companies, Inc., variety and diversity are not only ever present, they are essential. We have great respect for you – our service men and women – and your families, as evidenced by our recruitment initiatives, partnerships and awards. We value your strong work ethic, professionalism and loyalty. Whatever your individual talents or interests, it's more than likely that we have exactly what you are looking for. With an extensive range of career options, TJX stands out as one of the most successful retailers in America, and we are happy to share our success with you.
We are pleased to offer you this tool to help translate your military skills and training to find TJX career opportunities that best align with your experience.
Highlights of Our Support of Our U.S. Service Men and Women:
- Currently, we donate our samples to the Massachusetts Iraq and Afghanistan Fallen Heroes Memorial Fund, which is able to use the clothing, home basics, furniture, and other merchandise for fundraising and to distribute to military personnel and their families. We also make in-kind donations to Veteran’s Inc. and the New England Center for Homeless Veterans.
- In 2013, we met on Capitol Hill with government officials and other U.S. companies and pledged to hire at least 3,000 additional veterans by 2018. Since that time, we have welcomed over 1,650 Veterans into the TJX family.
- In 2012, TJX reaffirmed its support of veteran and reservist employment by once again signing the 5-Star Statement of Support for the Guard and Reserve.
- Over the years through our Foundation, TJX has helped to support veterans and their families whether at home or in theater. We value the commitment and sacrifices made by both service members and their families.
- In 2011, TJX partnered with America's Vet Dogs to help raise and train guide/service dogs for disabled service members.
- In 2009, we launched STAR, our Resource Group for our Associates that are veterans, military family members, or friends of the military. STAR provides networking and support for Associates who have a military affiliation and education for TJX Managers, HR and Associates.
- In 2008, TJX was awarded the Pro Patria Award, the highest state-level award given to a civilian employer by the U.S. Department of Defense. TJX was recognized for providing outstanding support and dedication to the men and women of the Guard and Reserve.
I am an Associate Planner for TJX and aspire to be a Buyer. Prior to joining TJX in January of 2012, I completed four and a half years of active duty for the U.S. Army, including a year-long deployment to Afghanistan. My time in the Army left me accustomed to quickly adapting to new environments. My Army experience also provided me the opportunity to lead a team, negotiate, and take calculated risks while serving in positions such as Platoon Leader, Rear Detachment Commander, and Chief of Current Operations for an Explosive Ordinance Disposal Unit in Afghanistan. I look forward to using these same skills to succeed as a Buyer for TJX one day!
Served 4 1/2 yrs active duty