We are currently not accepting applications for the Corporate Merchandise Internship Program. Please check back at a later date.
Corporate Merchandise Internship Program
Our present and past CEOs were all Buyers, so whether you are interested in Planning & Allocation, Buying, or Executive Management, TJX's Corporate Merchandise Internship Program will give you what you need to be successful. It teaches you how to run the retail business from behind the scenes and develops future leaders in our Merchandising Division. Merchandising is comprised of two divisions, Merchandise Planning & Allocation and Merchandise Buying. These divisions work together to drive sales and profits for TJX. We will invest in you, your development and your future. In return, we look for you to use your strong analytical, problem-solving, and leadership skills to strategically drive the TJX businesses during your internship.
WHO we're looking for:
- Sophomores and Juniors
- All majors with a GPA of 3.0 or above
- Excellent communicators who work well in teams
- Students with proven leadership abilities
- Creative thinkers with strong analytical skills
- Self-starters who can multi-task in a fast-paced environment
WHAT we offer:
- Informative workshops, networking opportunities and social events
- Classroom and on-the-job training
- Store visits and vendor visits with Planning and Buying Teams
- Interaction with all levels of management
- Most interns spend the summer working in our corporate headquarters located just outside Boston, but a few may work in one of our Satellite Buying Offices in NY and CA
HOW you showcase your talent:
- Analyze weekly sales reports to develop merchandise strategies and allocate product
- Communicate and resolve merchandise issues with Distribution Centers and Buyers
- Interact with Planning, Buying and Merchandising Executives
- Offer creative input to drive sales through store visits and competitive shopping
- Complete special projects as assigned
WHERE the internship can take you:
- Tremendous opportunity to secure a full time position or second internship in Merchandising
- Ultimately, into a defined career path with unlimited growth potential into Executive Management
- Opportunities to travel or work internationally as your career in Merchandising develops
Let your passion for retail shine in this nearly $26 billion Company, where it is never the same place twice. If you have an analytical mind and an entrepreneurial spirit then this internship is the right one for you!
TJX is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity.