The primary mission of The TJX Foundation is to support U.S.-based programs that provide basic-needs services to disadvantaged children, women and families in communities where we do business. In the U.S., much of our charitable giving is coordinated through this Foundation, which funded over 1,700 nonprofit organizations in 2014. The Foundation proudly supports a wide variety of organizations from our brands’ charitable partners to local giving, including when we make a donation to a local charity with each new store opening.
If your nonprofit organization would like to apply for potential funding from The TJX Foundation, you will find information on these pages to guide you through the application process. While we cannot fund all worthy causes, we intend to carefully review all eligible applications. Please note that The TJX Foundation is currently focused on supporting U.S.-based 501(c)(3) charities that conform to the following giving guidelines:
- Civic/Community: Emphasis is on programs that teach disadvantaged persons independent living skills and that work to improve race/cultural relations.
- Domestic Violence Prevention: Support will target immediate emergency services and shelter accommodations for victims and family members affected by abusive situations as well as programming that works to break the cycle of violence.
- Education: Support will target programs that provide academic and vocational opportunities for the disadvantaged, including early intervention, mentoring, tutoring, GED and college coursework, as well as programs that teach English.
- Health: Support will target programs that provide early and comprehensive prenatal services and healthy-baby education and, in some cases, research.
- Social Services: We support programs for disadvantaged children and families, including those that provide food and other basic needs, counseling and family support, adoption services, and youth development. Support will target programs that provide direct services to those with mental or physical impairments.
How to Apply for FundingU.S.-based nonprofit 501(c)(3) organizations seeking to apply for programmatic funding from The TJX Foundation should follow these steps:
- Click here to review The TJX Foundation's Mission Statement and Giving Guidelines to assess whether your mission statement is in line with The Foundation's guidelines
- Click here to answer our Eligibility Questionnaire
Once you’ve completed the Eligibility Questionnaire, if your organization meets our eligibility requirements for funding, you will be directed to fill out our Application Form. The TJX Foundation's office will contact you if we need additional information as we consider your proposal.
Click here for Frequently Asked Questions about The Foundation in the U.S.